Every Monday for the next 3 weeks, I'll be introducing you to one of the characters from FATHOM. Plus, I'll have a giveaway.
This is the second week of Meet the Characters from Fathom. Today you'll meet Kira's best friend, Sean.
Played by Steven R. McQueen
• Name: SEAN O’BRIEN
• Lives next door to Kira in Crescent Moon Bay
• Age: 16
• Sophomore at Crescent Moon High School
• Favorite class: Science
• Best friend: Kira Callahan
• Hobbies: Football, track, swimming, baseball
• Favorite bands: The Foo Fighters,Yellowcard and Flyleaf
• Favorite drink: Sport drinks
• Social standing: Hangs out with the jocks, knows everyone, popular in his crowd
• Greatest joy: When Kira smiles
• Biggest nightmare: That Kira will get a boyfriend and no longer want to be best friends
Here's a snippet of text from Kira's POV:
A warm breeze teased the curtains beside my bed, stirred my hair.
Then I held my breath and opened the door to my room. With one hand I smoothed my dress as I walked around the corner, through the hallway and into the living room.
There he was. Standing by the front door.
Wearing tight jeans and a black shirt, his long hair messed up like he’d just taken a shower and forgotten to brush it. His eyes looked darker than usual. His mouth opened just a bit when I walked into the room.
“Wow,” Sean said, so soft that I don’t think he wanted me to hear.
I think my heart skipped a beat.
It might have been a perfect moment, if Dad and Gram hadn’t been there.
And now, the giveway...
I'm giving away an ARC of BLESSED by Tonya Hurley.
Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:
From the author of the New York Times bestselling ghostgirl series, the start to a captivating and haunting teen trilogy about three girls who become entangled with an enigmatic boy—a boy who believes he is a saint. What if martyrs and saints lived among us? And what if you were told you were one of them?
Meet Agnes, Cecilia, and Lucy. Three lost girls, each searching for something. But what they find is beyond belief.
Sounds cool, no?
To be entered for the giveaway, you must:
1. Follow my blog
2. Post in the comment section below (be sure to include your email so I can contact the winner)
3. Share a link and comment about this giveaway, either on Twitter or Facebook or your blog. Be sure to let me know you did all three of these in your comment.
Contest ends midnight on Friday, September 14, and I'll announce the winner on Saturday.
Meanwhile, happy reading!