Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Mind Games by Kiersten White

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Today I'm featuring a book that I can't wait to read. And I've been waiting. For. A. Very. Long. Time.

Mind Games
By Kiersten White
Publication Date: February 19, 2013

TEASER COPY FROM INSIDE COVER FLAP:

Two sisters, bound by impossible choices, are determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.

James's frozen face melts into a smile. “You want to know the trick to getting in trouble under the watchful eye of a psychic?”

I think of the nailed–shut windows. I think of Clarice. I think of the two, the two, the two who are now zero. Tap tap. “Yes, I absolutely do.”

“Don't plan it. Don't even think about it. The second you get an inkling of what you could do, do it then. Never plan anything ahead of time. Always go on pure instinct.”

I smile.








And here's a blurb from Laini Taylor:

“You might think you know Kiersten White, but here is a darker, more dangerous Kiersten White. A sharp, heart-wrenching, lightning-fast, and fabulously fun read in which twining narratives weave a trap around two extraordinary sisters. Fia may be the angriest narrator I’ve ever loved. I bet you will too.”

—Laini Taylor, author of Daughter of Smoke & Bone and National Book Award finalist Lips Touch, Three Times

10 comments:

  1. I also picked this one! It sounds soo great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    Ooooh! We're Mind Games twins! Can't wait for this book. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Carrie! I agree. Mind Games sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick, sounds interesting and it has a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! I'm really excited about this one and I'm loving the cover!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Van! Thanks for stopping by. =)
    Isn't the cover amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addie,
    Thanks! I'm excited about it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh! I saw this at another blog, but I don't think it registered with me that this was THE Kiersten White!! Love her Evie books!! Will definitely have to add this to my mountainous TBR piles!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jessica! I know, the TBR pile just grows and grows!

    Now, I can't wait to check out your WoW. =)

    ReplyDelete