Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fresh Fiction review of Afterlife

Just saw a new review of Afterlife on the Fresh Fiction for Today's Reader blog. Here's a snippet:

"Destefano takes the power of life and death away from the master himself. Characters question if technology and life should be mixed and altered when they remember a shorter lifespan was originally given to them.

Defying death is portrayed well in AFTERLIFE, the first of the Resurrection Chronicles, but can Destefano continue to give us more within her gothic city of New Orleans? Her unique imagination gives us a great first story and readers something to look forward to in the rest of the series."

Needless to say, this is all still very surreal to me. For more than a year, I sat in a room by myself and just made stuff up. I got let out occasionally--for good behavior and to take a bath--but mostly I just hung out with my imaginary friends, the characters in Afterlife. Now they're all grown up and playing with other people. They don't even call anymore.

Seriously, I'm blessed to be getting awesome reviews like this one and I'm extremely thankful for each and every reader. Thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to read my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment