Friday, September 3, 2010

HarperCollins creates global science fiction and fantasy imprint

I just got some awesome news about HarperCollins (my publisher) and wanted to share it. A press release with all the info is below:

NEW YORK, NY (September 3, 2010) – Announced today at Aussiecon IV (the 68th World Science Fiction Convention), Eos Books, a U.S. imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, will be rebranded as Harper Voyager, joining together with the celebrated Voyager imprints in Australia/New Zealand and the UK. The move is anticipated to create a global genre-fiction powerhouse.

“We are already globally publishing some of the biggest names in science fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy, and horror, including Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Kim Harrison, and Sara Douglass,” said Brian Murray, President and Chief Executive Officer of HarperCollins Worldwide. “Uniting our sister companies in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia/New Zealand allows readers globally unparalleled access to books and authors. This move enables us to offer authors a strong global publishing platform when signing with HarperCollins – whether the acquiring editor is in New York, Sydney, or London.”

The Voyager/Harper Voyager editorial leaders are: Executive Editor Diana Gill in the U.S., Editorial Director Emma Coode in the UK (working with Publishing Director Jane Johnson), and Associate Publisher Stephanie Smith in Australia.

Each country has a vibrant, robust list of science fiction and fantasy icons; merging the lists under one imprint will bring readers around the world access to the masters of these fiction genres.

Two authors, Karen Azinger and David Wellington (writing as David Chandler), have recently been signed and are expected to publish with Harper Voyager and Voyager for a worldwide debut.

The Eos imprint will officially change to Harper Voyager starting with the January 2011 hardcover, trade, mass market, e-book, and audio publications.

7 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Thanks! I think it's pretty cool too.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Great for you and other authors under that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Yvonne! Yeah, I'm excited about it. I have friends who are published in Australia and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will bless them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Very much looking forward to seeing your second novel in my own country :-) Are we allowed to know its title yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tez,
    Hi! Even I don't know the title of my second book yet. LOL. I'm doing a major rewrite right now and after that, my editor and I need to choose a new title. It's quite a bit different from my first book though. No sci fi at all. More fantasy and myth.

    Have you seen Tracey yet? So jealous that you two will get to see each other. Give her a big hug from me!

    And give yourself one too!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did indeed catch up with Tracey yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete